Kohler® 8.5RES Small Business & Residential Generator
Affordable, commercial-grade power for basic power needs. When a bad storm or utility failure knocks out your power, the 8.5RES KOHLER® generator keeps your lights on, fridge cold and sump pump working. This generator will power most appliances in smaller homes, or a few critical items in larger homes.*
Inside this generator is a commercial-grade engine built to withstand extreme workloads year after year.
In just 10 seconds, your KOHLER generator automatically restores power to your heat or AC as well as appliances and electronics.*
We’ve got you covered with 5-year, 2,000-hour protection and a steel enclosure that’s built to last.
You get steady, high-quality power that protects your electronics from damage related to low-quality power sources.
No pricey concrete pad needed. Your contractor – and your wallet – will appreciate the built-in mounting pad and easy-to-connect terminal block.
THE POWER YOU NEED
- PowerBoost™ technology provides the power to start large loads without dropping power to other appliances
- Extraordinary peak motor-starting capacity: 23kVA at 240V
- Premium power quality delivers exceptional digital voltage and frequency regulation along with low levels of harmonic distortion to protect sophisticated electronics
- Powered by reliable KOHLER Command PRO® engine, designed and tested for tough commercial applications; with hydraulic valve lifters to eliminate need for lengthy break-in periods and expensive valve adjustments; operation speed is 3600 rpm (the standard for air-cooled generators)
- Compatible with optional OnCue® Generator Management System
THE CONVENIENCES YOU EXPECT
- ADC-RES Advanced Digital Control designed for today’s sophisticated electronics
- Quiet, neighborhood-friendly operation with sound levels similar to a typical central air conditioner
- Steel enclosure with automotive-grade paint for advanced corrosion protection
- Runs on either natural gas or liquid propane (LPG) with simple switching between natural gas and LPG in the field
- Streamlined installation, including built-in base that eliminates need for concrete mounting pad and simple terminal block for easy field connections
Additional Residential Generators